Keeping music live takes lots of time and commitment.
Everyone that helps to run music events at World Unlimited are volunteers and we are always happy to welcome new music enthusiasts to the fold.
If you are passionate about live music in all its forms and would like to support our work, then do get in touch with Kate or Graham.
There are lots of different ways that you can help, such as:-
- marketing our live shows – help with distributing leaflets and posters across South Devon (and beyond!!) or you may be skilled in harnessing social media to spread the word.
- offering accomodation for some touring musicians that travel into Devon
- Coming along to shows to help with setting up during the afternoon of a show. Prior to the show we unload the equipment that changes the church into a live music venue, we decorate the church with fabrics and lights and we make cups of tea and coffee for the musicians whilst they are doing their sound check.
- During the show we need help with serving drinks and lovely cakes and, of course, with washing up!
- After the show we need to put the church back to how we found it, so we need to take down the decorations and the sound and light equipment and pack it all away.
In return for any help you will be on the guest list for shows, coming to help at gigs that you love or at shows where you can discover new artists and you are welcome to free tea, coffee and cake whilst you are helping. That’s on top of gaining a feel good factor of helping to bring amazing musicians to play in Kingskerswell.
We can’t run all of this live music without our team of brilliant volunteers. We are very luck to have such an interesting and friendly group of people – another bonus for volunteers: meeting new, like-minded folks.
Sounds tempting doesnt it? Give Kate and Graham a ring on 01803 875527 or email email@example.com to find out more.